Keeping track of the physical location of all your small tools is difficult. You probably find yourself continually buying new tools and wondering where they all go. Sometimes they’re lying unused at a job site. Maybe one of your locations is hoarding them. Or someone could have “borrowed” them. Regardless, your employees probably aren’t as motivated to monitor your tools as you are.
Ensuring your tools are in safe working order can also be difficult. Some may require routine maintenance. Some may be subject to regulatory requirements that mandate frequent inspections and calibration. Maybe it’s time to purchase a new tool because the existing one has been repaired so many times it’s better to scrap it for a new one.
If you rely on pen and paper or a simple computer spreadsheet to track key information about your tools, you’re vulnerable to manual errors, inefficiencies, higher costs and theft.
There is a better way.
TrackAbout is an affordable software solution to track, manage and maintain small tools. Barcodes or RFID tags are used to collect data with rugged handheld scanners, smartphones or tablets.
With TrackAbout, you can effectively control and optimize your tool inventory. The system tracks each tool, corrects data errors and protects data integrity. With accurate reporting, TrackAbout helps you create an atmosphere of accountability, reduce waste and minimize paperwork.
- Locate and reassign tools that are sitting idle at job sites.
- Reduce hoarding by branch locations or job sites.
- Establish a chain of custody and promote accountability.
- Keep an accurate database of all serial/identification numbers to quickly identify missing tools.
- Reduce costs of purchasing new tools.
- Record and track maintenance, inspection and testing actions.
- Perform preventative maintenance on time.
- Satisfy regulatory requirements with detailed maintenance documentation.
- Establish step-by-step maintenance processes and procedures for employees to follow.
- Track total cost of ownership.
Learn more about how TrackAbout can improve accountability for your small tools.
- Read about TrackAbout implementations.
- Read the TrackAbout blog.
- Contact us to request a consultation or speak with a TrackAbout representative.