TrackAbout’s Roll-Off Container Tracking Software is a cloud-based system for tracking roll-off containers. Using barcodes and smartphones, TrackAbout enables you to track the location and history of your bins.
Industries benefiting from the TrackAbout platform include:
- Dumpster Rental
- Waste Management
- Environmental services
How Does it Work?
The high-level steps are :
1. Put barcode labels on your bins
2. Scan barcodes using a TrackAbout mobile app when you drop off a bin
3. Manage bins from a browser
What does it cost?
What it Does
- Allow your people to scan bins using a smartphone when they drop them off or pick them up.
- Capture proof of delivery including: GPS coordinates, timestamp and customer signature
- Map of all bins (as of the last time you scanned them)
- Show how long each bin has been with each customer. Find bins that are overdue.
- Discourage theft
- Allows you to control what users can see and do in the system.
What it Does NOT Do
- Locate stolen bins
- Bill customers
- Track trucks
- Route drivers to bins
- Show a map of bins from the smartphone app. You must go to the website to see these maps.
- TrackAbout will sell you barcode labels and ship them to you when you sign-up.
- Two identical labels go on each roll-off container
- Each label has a scannable QR Code Barcode and a printed number
- Both the QR Code and printed number are the same
- If a user can’t scan the barcode he can key in the number
- Both contain a ‘check digit’ which prevents the system from taking in an incorrect entry.
- The barcodes are industrial strength
- Rated for 7 years of outside use in direct sun
- Strong material resistant to tearing
- Permanent adhesive for attaching to painted metal in hot and cold climates
- Labels are 2.7 inches x 3.5 inches (6.8cm x 8.8cm)
Barcode Label Placement
- Place 2 identical label stickers on each roll-off container
- Place where they are easy for the driver to scan
Download the TrackAbout Mobile App
- Scanning is done from TrackAbout’s mobile app
- It works on Android and Apple devices
- The app is free to download, but you will need a paid TrackAbout subscription to get a login to use it
- Download the app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Both phones and tablets are supported
- If your devices were purchased in the last 3 years, then you should not have any problems. A more complete description of supported devices can be found here.
Scan Using the Mobile App
- The app will use the device’s camera to scan
- Every scan will also collect
- GPS position on a map
- Person logged into the device
When to Scan
- Use the app to initially register each bin
- Scan each bin every time you move it
- Register bin
- Used to link a barcode to a bin’s size and serial number. Only done once for each bin
- Used to exchange bins with a customer
- Set location
- Used to drop off a bin at an internal location.
- Record the weight dumped (optional)
- Change barcode
- Used if the barcodes on a bin must be replaced. This keeps the history together for this bin even after the barcode changes.
Roll-Off Tracking Website
- You access your data from TrackAbout’s secure website
- You will get a login to the website once you sign up
- You can create as many other users as you want
View Dumpsters on a Map
- View the last scan location of each of your bins on a map
- Zoom in and out to the right level of detail
- See this history of scans for each dumpster
- If a bin is damaged, you can see which customer previously had it
- Run reports on the website to see your dumpster inventory
- Limit to just dumpsters of a certain size
- Find dumpsters that have been at a customer for more than a given number of days
- Save a set of parameters so that you can more quickly run the same report in the future.
Digital Proof of Delivery/Pickup
- View an electronic record for each roll-off scan
- Prove to a customer where and when a delivery or pickup happened
- Each delivery will have:
- A system-generated date and time stamp
- A GPS coordinate shown on a map
- The scans of the barcode on the bin
- The user who did the scanning
View Customer Balance
- View a report of all of the roll-off containers with a customer
- View the number of days each bin has been with a customer
- Click into delivery records for more details on a delivery