Note: Naming for Release Notes is being updated to reflect the month in which the release is available to customers. This posting will cover March and April 2017.
TrackAbout regularly puts out new features and improves existing ones. Below are some of the changes in the most current software release:
- Security enhancement – Session Length timeout on TAMobile 6 is now configurable
- Website enhancement – Adding the “Email this page” link to website pages
- Website enhancements – Updates to the Customer Profile page
- Feature – Allowing Customers to be Deactivated
- Website enhancement – Usability Updates for Order Viewing
- Fix – Trip Numbers were being incorrectly generated
- Feature – Printing available on TAMobile 6 for Basic Delivery
- Upcoming Smartphone Feature – Wireless Lookup to be removed from the Hamburger/slide out menu
If you have questions about how you can start using any of these new features, please reach out to our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security enhancement – Session Length timeout on TAMobile 6 is now configurable
If you are using devices with TAMobile 6 set to require mobile unit passwords, you can now configure your system to lengthen session duration so users will not be prompted to enter their PIN as often.
Currently, most customers have a session length set to 4 hours, meaning that if a user idled for 4 hours on a handheld without connecting to the server (no saving or syncing), they would be required to enter their PIN again.
If you would like to lengthen your session time beyond 4 hours, please contact support at email@example.com for further assistance.
Website enhancement – Adding the “Email this page” link to website pages
We realize that it’s important for our users to be able to send information straight from the website. The “Email this Page” link is already available on many of TrackAbout’s webpages, but now we’ve added the feature on three webpages where it was previously missing:
- View Incomplete Audit (Physical Inventory Audits)
Website enhancements – Updates to the Customer Profile page
Many of our customers have made suggestion for how to improve the Customer Profile pages. As a result, TrackAbout has made the following enhancements:
- If a customer is set up in TrackAbout as a parent account, meaning that it has associated departments that belong to it, we now indicate that the top level account is a parent account with a message bar:
- You also see in the above image, the Customer Departments will now show on the overview/first tab, to the right of the Customer Info table
- We have also moved the Customer Notes field to the overview/first tab, below the Customer Info table for better review:
Feature – Allowing Customers to be Deactivated
TrackAbout allows customers to be deleted if no records are associated with that customer (i.e. Deliveries). However, there was no way to just disable accounts. Now, for customer accounts that are no longer active, you can choose to “Deactivate“ a customer. These customers will no longer be available in drop down lists (i.e. to Add a New Order) or reporting.
For customers using integration through our RESTful API endpoints, deactivated customers will only show if the parameters for including deactivated customers are used. Deactivated customers will still show when using the Customer Balances endpoint if the deactivated customer account has a positive balance and will still be included during Rental Invoice generation.
Users will still be able to view deactivated customers, but they will see a message at the top of the Customer Detail screen to indicate that it is no longer active.
You can activate a customer once again by tapping the “Activate” button at the bottom of a Customer’s profile:
Fix – Trip Numbers were being incorrectly generated
If you are using TrackAbout’s Order Planning process, whereby you group together orders for delivery by a single driver and truck in TrackAbout, then this fix may apply to you and your users.
When grouping together orders on the Order Planning page in TrackAbout, TrackAbout was incorrectly generating trip numbers where the date portion was always “010101”. This has been fixed so that the date portion corresponds to the current date.
Website enhancement – Usability Updates for Order Viewing
For our clients creating orders in TrackAbout, either through integration from their ERP system, or by creating orders directly in TrackAbout. The easiest way to review orders is through the Order Search page. The following enhancements to each Order Details page will improve your experience when reviewing orders on the site:
- An “Entered By” field now is available and populated when an order is placed from the Smartphone or website
- The Order grid will not show columns not used by the customer
- Any field without a value will no longer show in the header section of the Order.
Feature – Printing available on TAMobile 6 for Basic Delivery
For our customers using handles with TAMobile 6 to conduct basic Customer Delivery (as opposed to Proof of Delivery), you can now print out delivery receipts for customers. This was functionality available on our TAMobile 5 platform that has now been made available on TAMobile 6.
To learn more on how to print from your handheld device, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Smartphone Feature – Wireless Lookup will be removed from the Hamburger/slide out menu
Please Note: For our clients currently using Smartphones, we will soon be removing the Asset Search action from the action to make it a normal, “first-class” button on your screens (for example: Fill, Delivery, Add New).
To prepare for this change, you should go to the website page List Mobile Roles and add Wireless Lookup as an action to your roles and screens.